Forum: Ruby on Rails Including dynamic list of params in link_to

1a7418146bd26838d9280520e49f582d?d=identicon&s=25 Brandon Kelly (Guest)
on 2006-05-11 20:29
How do I include all incoming URL parameters (i.e.
list_content.rhtml?content_id=23) in my link_to statements?

I know I can include specific parameters in the link_to, by using
":variable_name => 123"  in the link_to statement...  But what If I
dont' know what the incoming parameters will be... and I simply want to
include them along with any other specific variables I choose.

I am using sortable columns in a table, and need to reload the page --
and I'm trying to use some common functions for this.. .but I'm getting
hung up with knowing what the incoming params are and including them on
all my links.
Ae03102311939454d2b7f1ca3139fd97?d=identicon&s=25 Lindsay Boyd (Guest)
on 2006-05-11 21:48
Brandon Kelly wrote:
> How do I include all incoming URL parameters (i.e.
> list_content.rhtml?content_id=23) in my link_to statements?

link_to :content_id => params[:content_id], :another =>
params[:another], :andanother => params[:andanother], etc

If a parameter is not sent in your http get request,  the param value is
nil, ie param[:another].nil? is true. Your logic in the controller's
action (eg 'list_content') should handle the different combinations of
parameter values.

Lindsay