Forum: Ruby Ruby for Rails now published in paper!

Hi --

I'm on the road, so I haven't laid eyes on it yet -- but word on the
virtual street is that "Ruby for Rails: Ruby techniques for Rails
developers" is now out in paper.

It will probably take a little longer to trickle to your neighborhood
Barnes and Noble... but you can order it now from the publisher.  See
http://www.manning.com/black.  And trickle it will, too.

If you want to talk about "Ruby for Rails" you can reach me at (among
other places) the Author Online forum at Manning; there's a link on
the book's page.

Happy Ruby-for-Railsing!

David
9d1f5d2d9de70bd9a934f557dc95a406?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel ----- (liquid)
Congratulations David.

I have the PDF version and I have found it very useful.  Thanx so much
for
writing it!
2c80e1b0837eec76d38d4f7fa1c15e87?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Gorsuch (Guest)
I recieved my paper version two days ago.  Thanks for the great work.
34f159f89cbd1d9beac0276f5a7af552?d=identicon&s=25 John Gabriele (Guest)
On 5/11/06, dblack@wobblini.net <dblack@wobblini.net> wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I'm on the road, so I haven't laid eyes on it yet -- but word on the
> virtual street is that "Ruby for Rails: Ruby techniques for Rails
> developers" is now out in paper.

Yup. I got mine a day or two ago -- just started reading it.

At first I thought it was nice to have the pdf instantly when I placed
the order, but after reading a bit of it, I ended up waiting for the
real paper version. Didn't want to spoil that experience of getting a
brand new book and starting it from the beginning. :)
560c83ff6b6600e39315a1cf75b7c229?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Copeland (Guest)
On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 15:58 +0900, dblack@wobblini.net wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I'm on the road, so I haven't laid eyes on it yet -- but word on the
> virtual street is that "Ruby for Rails: Ruby techniques for Rails
> developers" is now out in paper.
>
> It will probably take a little longer to trickle to your neighborhood
> Barnes and Noble... but you can order it now from the publisher.  See
> http://www.manning.com/black.  And trickle it will, too.

I've got the paper version, great stuff.  It's already helped me clarify
some things; the section that traces through the inherit/include
hierarchy was quite helpful.

Yours,

Tom