Forum: Radiant CMS Radiant 9.0.1 hangs up after a while, and how i store forminputs in mysqldatabase

6cd18e7a56ebd6fb1f3f607823b7d5fe?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas Poppe (thomasp)
on 2010-12-14 01:33
Hello,
i hope somebody is able to help me please. I have installed a working
Radiant CMS on my Webspace

# Configuration:

- Ubuntu Linux 8.0.4 LTS (Virtual Server 1 & 1)
- Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu)
- git version 1.5.5.3
- Phusion Passenger version 3.0.0
- Rails 3.0.3
- Ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [x86_64-linux]
- WEBrick 1.3.1
- gem 1.3.7

# Problem 1 - Server hangs up after a while:

When i start my radiant with this command: script/server -e production
my cms will run nearly 2 hours and after this time it keeps to be hang
up.

Does somebody know why, please?

# Problem 1 - Store userinputs from webformular in MYSQL Database
How it is possible - to send formularinputs to a phpscript that stores
this values
in my database?

Please help me, i searched and googled but i have no solution for this
problem.

Regards and Thank You
Thomas
2b64274a52355e39ff9fe937cb117a64?d=identicon&s=25 Kevin Triplett (mopacmedia)
on 2010-12-14 08:14
> # Configuration:
>
> - Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu)
> - Phusion Passenger version 3.0.0
> - Rails 3.0.3
> - Ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [x86_64-linux]
> - WEBrick 1.3.1
> - gem 1.3.7
>
> # Problem 1 - Server hangs up after a while:
>
> When i start my radiant with this command: script/server -e production
> my cms will run nearly 2 hours and after this time it keeps to be hang
> up.

I'm not sure script/server is the way to run your webserver. I think
that starts WEBrick, which is not an ideal choice for production
webserver.

There should be a site configuration file for apache that points to your
application's public directory. Let me know if you have that
configuration file -- if not, I'll send you a sample configuration file.

> # Problem 1 - Store userinputs from webformular in MYSQL Database
> How it is possible - to send formularinputs to a phpscript that stores
> this values
> in my database?

Do you mean you have a PHP script that receives the form input and needs
to store the input into the database?
6cd18e7a56ebd6fb1f3f607823b7d5fe?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas Poppe (thomasp)
on 2010-12-14 21:23
Hi Kevin,

thank you for your answer, but i think my configuration is not optimal
and the server hangs up again after 2 hours. # Problem 2 - to write in
Database, i have solved it by use of a simple php scirpt and it works
fine.

Now, i have replaced Webrick with Mongrel, and in my apache
configuration file
i put this entries and start mongrel with this command script/server -e
production:

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName www.betriebsgesellschaft.de

  <Directory />
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/0049e.log
  CustomLog /var/log/apache2/0049a.log combined

  DocumentRoot /var/www/public/
  PassengerHighPerformance on
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName betriebsgesellschaft.de
  redirect permanent / http://www.betriebsgesellschaft.de/
</VirtualHost>

My document Root (and radiant root) is
/var/www/public

-------

At apache restart i get this message, can you be so kind and tell me
what its mean?

[Tue Dec 14 21:00:23 2010] [error] VirtualHost *:80 -- mixing * ports
and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported,
proceeding with undefined results

(I am sure the mistake is here)

Thank you for your help and a look in your above mentioned config file
would very helpful for me.

Regards and Thanks
Thomas
2b64274a52355e39ff9fe937cb117a64?d=identicon&s=25 Kevin Triplett (mopacmedia)
on 2010-12-15 04:06
> [Tue Dec 14 21:00:23 2010] [error] VirtualHost *:80 -- mixing * ports
> and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported,
> proceeding with undefined results

From what I've read online and the error message, if you find the
configuration file that specifies NameVirtualHost address and change it
to *:80, that may fix the problem.

I also notice that your configuration file refers to Passenger and that
you have Passenger on your server. Make sure that Passenger is unloaded
from Apache:

http://tinyurl.com/39l3ave

Kevin
6cd18e7a56ebd6fb1f3f607823b7d5fe?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas Poppe (thomasp)
on 2010-12-19 00:52
Hi Kevin,

thank you for your help i have now this configuration:

=> Booting Mongrel
=> Rails 2.3.8 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:8080

I started radiant with: script/server -e production -p 8080

-------

after 3 hours, that happens

Read from remote host betriebsgesellschaft.de: Operation timed out
Connection to betriebsgesellschaft.de closed.

Do you know why?

Thank you in advantage
Greetings
Thomas

Kevin Triplett wrote in post #968463:
>> [Tue Dec 14 21:00:23 2010] [error] VirtualHost *:80 -- mixing * ports
>> and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported,
>> proceeding with undefined results
>
> From what I've read online and the error message, if you find the
> configuration file that specifies NameVirtualHost address and change it
> to *:80, that may fix the problem.
>
> I also notice that your configuration file refers to Passenger and that
> you have Passenger on your server. Make sure that Passenger is unloaded
> from Apache:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/39l3ave
>
> Kevin
2b64274a52355e39ff9fe937cb117a64?d=identicon&s=25 Kevin Triplett (mopacmedia)
on 2010-12-20 22:43
Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure what is wrong. I think this is a question for Rails forum
or for someone in this forum that knows more about it.

You may want to post this in a new thread, so that it is clear this is a
new issue.

Sorry that I failed to help you ... I'm new to Rails and servers myself.

Good luck!
Kevin
> When i start my radiant with this command: script/server -e production
> my cms will run nearly 2 hours and after this time it keeps to be hang
> up.

I sense a buggy request that makes a regexp (or alike) crap out. Check
your log files to see when your app hangs, which controller/action is at
fault, and which request params were sent.

I have been through that in the past.