Forum: Ruby Re: FTP#mget, FTP#mput

> this does something like mput
<snip>

I guess I'm not sure how this is different that just doing something
like this:

module Net
   class FTP
      def mput(pattern, &block)
         Dir[pattern].each{ |file| put(file, &block) }
      end

      def mget(pattern, &block)
         Dir[pattern].each{ |file| get(file, &block) }

I haven't test that, but if it looks alright perhaps I'll submit it as a
patch to -core.

Regards,

Dan

or
strictly
destroy
On Thu, 11 May 2006, Berger, Daniel wrote:

>> this does something like mput
>      end
>
>      def mget(pattern, &block)
>         Dir[pattern].each{ |file| get(file, &block) }
>      end

Dir[pattern] is on the __client__.  globbing for mget most occur against
listing from the __server__.

   eg.

     mget foo*

   means get all files from the server that match foo* - the only way to
do
   this is to combine an ftp.list with fnmatch.

regards.

-a
On May 10, 2006, at 12:06 PM, Berger, Daniel wrote:

>> this does something like mput
>       end
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

I'm not sure but I think mget's pattern is supposed to apply on the
server, not the local system. I could be wrong though.