Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Re: What is the license of generated code?

8716cce9a7b721786e5425b8cc1f9951?d=identicon&s=25 Sean Lynch (Guest)
>It's only a bit hard - not impossible. I've not tried creating an exe
>with Rails yet, but in theory, it's possible (and if it isn't now, it
>soon will be).

The whole point of web based apps is to NOT create an exe.

The point is to host the app on a web server and allow any
architecture to use the app via a web browser.

Using a web hosting frame work to create an exe is kind of like
ironing your shirt with a steam roller. It could be done, but you
would need one heck of an ironing board (read infrastructure).

If you are thinking along the lines of creating exe's with Rails, you
are really missing the point of web hosted apps.