Forum: Ruby Re: Intantiating a class by name

6087a044557d6b59ab52e7dd20f94da8?d=identicon&s=25 Peña, Botp (Guest)
fr benjohn@fysh.org [mailto:benjohn@fysh.org] :

# The Ruby Garden has a list of questions like this:
#
#   http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?QuestionsAndAnswers
#
# Specifically, this exact question is addressed:
#
#   http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?FindClassesByName

all i get are spam contents.

??
Ffcb418e17cac2873d611c2b8d8d891c?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
> all i get are spam contents.
I think that means you are in the tar pit - it's there to attract spam
bots and make them think they're updating the real page. I'm not sure
how you go about getting back to the real site though. Try the main
page, which you may find is also spammed :( Alternatively, the
RubyGarden admin posted about 20 mails back on this very list, so you
could get in touch with them.

Cheers,
  Benjohn
10d4acbfdaccb4eee687a428ca00a5d8?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Weirich (weirich)
on 2006-05-10 13:03
unknown wrote:
>> all i get are spam contents.
> I think that means you are in the tar pit - it's there to attract spam
> bots and make them think they're updating the real page. I'm not sure
> how you go about getting back to the real site though. Try the main
> page, which you may find is also spammed :( Alternatively, the
> RubyGarden admin posted about 20 mails back on this very list, so you
> could get in touch with them.

If you think you are in the tarpit, send me an email with the host and
IP address you use to access the wiki.  From that I should be able to
tell if you have been explicitly banned.  If you use an ISP that assigns
dynamic IP addresses, it is possible that someone from your ISP has
spammed the wiki in the past causing us to add the IP address to our
blacklist.  If I know what you are using, it is no problem to remove it
from the blacklist.

Another idea is to check out the new RubyGarden wiki mirror at
http://rubygarden.org:3000/Ruby.  It is currently spam free, so you
should be able to see whatever you need there.

--
-- Jim Weirich
> IP address you use to access the wiki.  From that I should be able to
> tell if you have been explicitly banned.  If you use an ISP that assigns
> dynamic IP addresses, it is possible that someone from your ISP has
> spammed the wiki in the past causing us to add the IP address to our
> blacklist.  If I know what you are using, it is no problem to remove it
> from the blacklist.

I think I remember another solution is to register with the Wiki and
log in as user.  Is this no longer true?

robert
10d4acbfdaccb4eee687a428ca00a5d8?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Weirich (weirich)
on 2006-05-10 23:18
Robert Klemme wrote:
> I think I remember another solution is to register with the Wiki and
> log in as user.  Is this no longer true?

Registering preferences with the wiki will work if you are triggering
the implicit ban rules.  If it will not help if your IP address is
listed amoung the explicitly banned IPs.

The Ruse wiki solution will address this a bit better.

-- Jim Weirich