Forum: Ruby on Rails Anybody using Macromedia's Flex with Rails?

D4b246038154d7cc2363256bd25a4fe0?d=identicon&s=25 Larry White (Guest)
Yeah I know this is a bit of a weird question since everybody seems to
be
going ajax - just curious
30269682335f1fb247d71969fa715b5e?d=identicon&s=25 Roberto Saccon (rsaccon)
Maybe Flex is not flexible enough for a rails backend. And the typical
RoR
developers prefers to stay away form flash anyway.  But there is this
openlaszlo project with rails backend and today I have learned that
there is
http://www.getindi.com, which is based on actionstep flash framework and
has
a rails serverside
Baf018e2cc4616e4776d323215c7136c?d=identicon&s=25 Alex MacCaw (Guest)
on 2006-05-09 15:25
Larry White wrote:
> Yeah I know this is a bit of a weird question since everybody seems to
> be
> going ajax - just curious

I'm trying to integrate Flex with Rails. I'm finding Flex extremely good
and easy to use. Flex is Free The SDK and compiler cost nothing. Adobe
are making the money on the IDE Flex Builder. I think the best thing
about Flex is that it can easily consume and publish to XML based URL
services to create dynamic applications with a rich client. At the
moment I'm porting my cms, eribium (http://www.eribium.org), to Flex so
people will have an alternative to html/ajax, get all the benefits from
a rich internet application  and be able to log in directly from the
desktop, without a browser. Stuart Eccles has some great tutorials on
integrating flex with rails:
http://www.liverail.net/articles/2006/04/16/rubyon...
http://www.liverail.net/articles/2006/05/06/rubyon...

Cheers, Alex