Forum: Ruby on Rails Adding "model" still doesnt help!

4a021d3e4528fb8ab78ef7fc4b6822cc?d=identicon&s=25 Bao Lee (burninglegion)
on 2006-05-09 11:37
hello guys,

as some of you may know... when you occasionally encountered a
"undefined class/module <name>" error, it is recommended that you add a
model :<your_class_name>

in your controller to prevent such an error...

but recently i still encounter such error even though i loaded all of
the class!

this is traumatizing...anyone know any more solution/alternatives?

I also discover that when you load 2 websites at one time, this error
occurs more frequently eg. running 2 controllers at a time...
though pressing a refresh button would make it work... but is
irritating)
4a021d3e4528fb8ab78ef7fc4b6822cc?d=identicon&s=25 Bao Lee (burninglegion)
on 2006-05-10 08:58
bao lee wrote:
> hello guys,
>
> as some of you may know... when you occasionally encountered a
> "undefined class/module <name>" error, it is recommended that you add a
> model :<your_class_name>
>
> in your controller to prevent such an error...
>
> but recently i still encounter such error even though i loaded all of
> the class!
>
> this is traumatizing...anyone know any more solution/alternatives?
>

> I also discover that when you load 2 websites at one time, this error
> occurs more frequently eg. running 2 controllers at a time...
> though pressing a refresh button would make it work... but is
> irritating)

one of the reason which i have found out is that in a heavy load server,
the model method will fail also... so it isnt a fail-proof way to tackle
the "undefined class/module" error