Forum: Ruby on Rails Rubyy on rails hosting

1744718eb0f1f4c8ec88d8560ad2409c?d=identicon&s=25 Lurlay, Patrick (Guest)
All,
  Could any of you recommend an out fit for hosting my rails app that is
not expensive with excellent support.  Thanks

Patrick
On 5/8/06, Lurlay, Patrick <Patrick.Lurlay@boeing.com> wrote:
> All,
>   Could any of you recommend an out fit for hosting my rails app that is
> not expensive with excellent support.  Thanks
>
> Patrick

I'm having a lot of luck with Rimu, as are others.
http://rimuhosting.com/

I recommend avoiding any kind of 'shared' hosting for your Rails apps.
 A headache waiting to happen.
Aad37b5f7116c8d1f547d23b37566032?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Donald (destiney)
On 5/8/06, Wilson Bilkovich <wilsonb@gmail.com> wrote:
> I recommend avoiding any kind of 'shared' hosting for your Rails apps.
>  A headache waiting to happen.

I disagree.

Lighttpd proxied through Apache is nice in a shared setup.  I have it
so I can restart my Lighttpd instances anytime I want.  The hosting
provider never has to mess with Apache as far as helping me with
restarts.  Not being able to restart your Rails app is very difficult
to deal with sometimes, so this sort of proxied setup works great IMO.

--
Greg Donald
Zend Certified Engineer
> All,
>  Could any of you recommend an out fit for hosting my rails app that is
> not expensive with excellent support.  Thanks
>
> Patrick

For high-quality, low cost shared hosting, I'd recommend site5.com.

-Alder
0ca6dacbed829354319d844346cbd5f3?d=identicon&s=25 Dan Sketcher (Guest)
On 5/9/06, Wilson Bilkovich <wilsonb@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having a lot of luck with Rimu, as are others.
> http://rimuhosting.com/
>
> I recommend avoiding any kind of 'shared' hosting for your Rails apps.
>  A headache waiting to happen.

+1

--
Dan Sketcher