Stupid newbie question

Here’s a request string which has a value I want to pull out from the
category array - parent_id.

Parameters: {“category”=>{“name”=>“Condiments”, “parent_id”=>“1”},
“commit”=>“Create”}

How do I reference that subelement in the receiving script? I’ve tried

params[:parent_id]
params[:category[:parent_id]]

both unsuccessfully. I told you this was a stupid question. So how do
get at those values?

Mike

I’d try:

params[:category][:parent_id]

Mike Mannakee wrote:

Here’s a request string which has a value I want to pull out from the
category array - parent_id.

Parameters: {“category”=>{“name”=>“Condiments”, “parent_id”=>“1”},
“commit”=>“Create”}

How do I reference that subelement in the receiving script? I’ve tried

params[:parent_id]
params[:category[:parent_id]]

both unsuccessfully. I told you this was a stupid question. So how do
get at those values?

Mike

Hi Mike,

You were close :wink: It’s params[:category][:parent_id]

It’s a hash of hashes.

Best regards,
Bill