Forum: GNU Radio GNURadio and Google Summer of Code

35722324f7ce38bd51ac98ebc2ffd3ba?d=identicon&s=25 Naveen Manicka (Guest)
Hi Eric,

Do you have a specific template for the application process or can I use
the
sample template given on the google summer of code webpage?

Also, do I just signup selecting the GNU Project in the application
process?
(There is nothing else which is listed in relation to GNUradio)

Thanks,

Naveen

------------------------------------
Naveen Manicka
DEGAS Networking Group
University of Delaware
Email: manicka@udel.edu
------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 03:44:49 -0700

From: Eric Blossom <eb@comsec.com>

Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio and Google Summer of Code

To: Andreas Schwarz <usenet@andreas-s.net>

Cc: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 09:17:21PM +0200, Andreas Schwarz wrote:

> http://code.google.com/soc/:

> "Summer of Code 2006 is a program that offers student developers

> stipends to create new open source programs or to help currently

> established projects. Google will be working with a variety of open

> source, free software, and technology-related groups to identify and

> fund several hundred projects over a three-month period."

> The GNU Project is registered as a mentor organization, so if there is

> any student who would want to do some a work on GNURadio, it probably

> wouldn't be a bad idea to apply. There are already many project

> suggestions, but maybe you get lucky...? The deadline is May 8.

> Andreas

Looks like a good program.  I'm signed up to mentor, and Matt will back
me
up.

In the suggested projects department:

  * Build decent GUI around one or more GNU Radio apps.  This could
include
a basic AM/FM/NBFM receiver/scanner.

  * Build decent GUI for an "amateur transceiver".  Including features
such
as Tx/Rx frequency split for talking on repeaters, etc.  Could
optionally
handle digital voice, etc.  We've got most of the guts working, but no
GUI.

  * RFID

  * Pretty much anything anybody wants to work on, e.g., signal
processing,
new mods/demods, ...

Eric
Eric is away right now, and only has intermittent email access.  I think
all you need is to use the standard Summer of Code forms, and just talk
about what you intend to do.

I think the deadline is soon, so good luck.

Matt

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 10:47:53AM -0400, Naveen Manicka wrote:

> Naveen Manicka
> DEGAS Networking Group
> University of Delaware
> Email: manicka@udel.edu

Hi Naveen,

There's no special template.
I've seen you proposal and have reviewed it.

Eric