Forum: GNU Radio Some changes to scopesink.py

Dca49741c7aef08691479cbcb2745ab4?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)

I've made some changes to scopesink.py so that it also allows it to
plot the modulus (sqrt(I^2 + Q^2)) and phase (atan2(Q, I)) of a 2
channel signal as a function of time. It scales the modulus signal as
the user selects on the GUI and the phase is just scaled for +-PI to
fit on the screen. I'd say its more of a hack than elegant solution!
Anyway, if anyone is interested then I'll send a patch onto the list.

Currently I'm thinking about making scopesink into more a storagescope
type of application that can allow you to trigger & store, zoom the
signal in memory, save to disk, etc.

Thanks,

Matt
533e669652a899ecd3b838295aef0837?d=identicon&s=25 Angilberto Muniz Sb (Guest)
Matt,

Id like to have it.
Is it just Python or do we have to deal with .i and
.cc also?

Im running the Windows Version of GNU-Radio and cant
add anything new besides .py

Thanks,

Angilberto.

--- matt.nottingham@zen.co.uk wrote:

> scaled for +-PI to
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

It just plain Python.

I'll sort out a patch and post it shortly.

Matt

Angilberto Muniz Sb writes:
 > Matt,
 >
 > Id like to have it.
 > Is it just Python or do we have to deal with .i and
 > .cc also?
 >
 > Im running the Windows Version of GNU-Radio and cant
 > add anything new besides .py
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Angilberto.
 >
 > --- matt.nottingham@zen.co.uk wrote:
 >

 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > I've made some changes to scopesink.py so that it
 > > also allows it to
 > > plot the modulus (sqrt(I^2 + Q^2)) and phase
 > > (atan2(Q, I)) of a 2
 > > channel signal as a function of time. It scales the
 > > modulus signal as
 > > the user selects on the GUI and the phase is just
 > > scaled for +-PI to
 > > fit on the screen. I'd say its more of a hack than
 > > elegant solution!
 > > Anyway, if anyone is interested then I'll send a
 > > patch onto the list.
 > >
 > > Currently I'm thinking about making scopesink into
 > > more a storagescope
 > > type of application that can allow you to trigger &
 > > store, zoom the
 > > signal in memory, save to disk, etc.
 > >
 > > Thanks,
 > >
 > > Matt

Here is the diff. Its against the scopesink.py in gr-wxgui-0.6.

Matt
On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 09:08:04AM +0100, matt.nottingham@zen.co.uk
wrote:

> Here is the diff. Its against the scopesink.py in gr-wxgui-0.6.
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the patch.

I'll check it out and apply it when I get back to my "fully connected
state" later this week.

Eric