Forum: Ruby on Rails InstantRails, ruby downgrade to 1.8.2 issue.

036be8d5d83a98e546b98d64e3fd6c20?d=identicon&s=25 Sam Donaldson (Guest)
Hello,

I've been using InstantRails 1.0 that has ruby 1.8.4 and rails 1.0.
Some of
you might know that the RMagick package does not work with ruby 1.8.4.
I'm
now trying to downgrade to ruby 1.8.2 within my InstantRails 1.0
install.
Is there a clean way of doing this?  I basically downloaded ruby 1.8.2
and
replaced the ruby directory with the newly created ruby directory.  As
usual, things did not work.  I added the rake gem.

The problem is that I'm not able start my application using WEBrick from
the
InstantRails console.  The window just disappears.  Help would be
appreciated.

Thanks.
A7736d622f35f8725cc9a0c835d633a3?d=identicon&s=25 Mathias Wittlock (Guest)
On 5/5/06, Sam Donaldson <samonderous@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is that I'm not able start my application using WEBrick from the
> InstantRails console.  The window just disappears.  Help would be
> appreciated.

Try opening a command line and starting the server there. It might
output a useful error message that you miss (since the window is
closed once execution is finished).