Forum: Ruby RadRails and path issues

4ea56c658e69eef33b6557b20c7a19ab?d=identicon&s=25 Joe Seeley (jseeley)
on 2006-05-04 20:16
I have been using RadRails as my editor for Ruby development.  Overall
I'm pretty happy with it.  I'm experiencing a couple of path problems
though when using it.

Inside of my project within RadRails I will have a directory structure
that looks similar to this.

+MyProject
++src
+++src_sub_directories
++props
++output
..misc files

RadRails then treats all files within the src directory as if those
files exist directly within the MyProject path. Instead of being treated
as ./MyProject/src/foo.rb it is treated as ./MyProject/foo.rb.  This
affects all relative paths.  Then we I "release" my application all of
the paths are broken because the actual Ruby interpreter treats the
paths correctly where ./MyProject/src/foo.rb is treated as such.

I'm not sure why RadRails treats the files like this and I'm not sure
why it does this, but I'm wondering how others have gotten around this
problem.  I can't be the only one who has encountered this, but my
searches on google and on ruby lists has turned up nothing.

Thanks,
     Joe
4ea56c658e69eef33b6557b20c7a19ab?d=identicon&s=25 Joe Seeley (jseeley)
on 2006-05-04 23:57
Can anyone help me here please?
Aee77dba395ece0a04c688b05b07cd63?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel Berger (Guest)
Joe Seeley wrote:
> Can anyone help me here please?

I think you'll have better luck asking on the Rails mailing list, or by
submitting a ticket on the radrails site.

Regards,

Dan
Joe Seeley wrote:
> Can anyone help me here please?

Try the Rails mailing list:

   http://www.rubyonrails.org

And consider describing the problem you're having.  It makes it easier
for people who can't read minds.
4ea56c658e69eef33b6557b20c7a19ab?d=identicon&s=25 Joe Seeley (jseeley)
on 2006-05-05 04:09
James Britt wrote:
> Joe Seeley wrote:
>> Can anyone help me here please?
>
> Try the Rails mailing list:
>
>    http://www.rubyonrails.org
>
> And consider describing the problem you're having.  It makes it easier
> for people who can't read minds.

In my original post I was VERY descriptive.  My last post was a follow
up since no one responded.
Joe Seeley wrote:
>>And consider describing the problem you're having.  It makes it easier
>>for people who can't read minds.
>

> In my original post I was VERY descriptive.  My last post was a follow
> up since no one responded.

Ah, well, my apologies then.

I saw a sparse, uninformative message, and the
"Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/" tag, and had a conditioned
reaction.

James