Forum: Ruby on Rails Switching to production mode

D449d54c3b0f8c9930c11c7d7d3e6cdd?d=identicon&s=25 Surendra Singhi (Guest)
Hello,
  I want to start my rails application in production mode. But for some
reason
in spite of uncommenting this line in 'config/environment.rb'

ENV['RAILS_ENV'] ||= 'production'

when I run 'ruby script\console' it says loading development mode.
Also, the webrick sends log messages to development.log file instead of
production.log, from which I can guess that it is in development mode.

Any hint or clue on what might I be doing wrong.

Thanks for your time.
--
Surendra Singhi
Read my blog at: http://cuttingtheredtape.blogspot.com/
| "War is Peace! Freedom is Slavery! Ignorance is Strength!"
|     -- Orwell, 1984, 1948
`----
30ee518e6fdc5b07e060775b5a542bdb?d=identicon&s=25 Jón Borgþórsson (jongretar)
If your are using webrick you should be able to type "script/server -e
production"
To run console in production mode you type "script/console production"