Forum: Ruby Greenbar 1.0

37c332966b49eeb1d54eeefd3bc5ce97?d=identicon&s=25 David Corbin (Guest)
Announcing Greenbar.

Greenbar is an open source project intended to aid in the writing of
Test::Unit tests.  It consists of a framework to aid in providing
reusable
chunks of setup and teardown code, and a handful of useful concrete
examples.

If you write automated tests for your code using Test::Unit, I'm sure
you'll
find some value in Greenbar.

Greenbar is available as a ruby gem.  The project home page is
http://greenbar.rubyforge.org. Full documentation is available on the
site.

David Corbin
A87f7a014c624587fab0d3d78c5b9c18?d=identicon&s=25 Bil Kleb (Guest)
David Corbin wrote:
> Announcing Greenbar.

 From the title, I thought you were going to polish the
GUI testrunners...

> Greenbar is an open source project intended to aid in the writing of
> Test::Unit tests.  It consists of a framework to aid in providing reusable
> chunks of setup and teardown code, and a handful of useful concrete examples.

Color me stupid, but I couldn't (quickly) uncover the
concrete examples in the documentation section of the
website.

Later,
Cff9eed5d8099e4c2d34eae663aae87e?d=identicon&s=25 Jacob Fugal (Guest)
On 5/4/06, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@nasa.gov> wrote:
> > Greenbar is an open source project intended to aid in the writing of
> > Test::Unit tests.  It consists of a framework to aid in providing reusable
> > chunks of setup and teardown code, and a handful of useful concrete examples.
>
> Color me stupid, but I couldn't (quickly) uncover the
> concrete examples in the documentation section of the
> website.

Most of the class documentation pages include examples for that class.
For example,
http://greenbar.rubyforge.org/documentation/classe...

Jacob Fugal
On May 4, 2006, at 5:33 AM, David Corbin wrote:

> find some value in Greenbar.
>
> Greenbar is available as a ruby gem.  The project home page is
> http://greenbar.rubyforge.org. Full documentation is available on
> the site.

require_gem is going away RSN, you shouldn't be using it at all.
Instead just use require like normal.

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com
52a177e9dbd3e614825aabc4e45f8cd6?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Volkmann (Guest)

> require_gem is going away RSN, you shouldn't be using it at all.
> Instead just use require like normal.

I thought just the autorequire attribute in gemspecs was going away.
That currently allows you to use require_gem instead of require. Won't
we still have to use require_gem, in addition to require, in order to
use a particular version of a gem instead of the latest version that
has been installed?
On May 4, 2006, at 10:54 AM, Mark Volkmann wrote:

> On 5/4/06, Eric Hodel <drbrain@segment7.net> wrote:
>
>> require_gem is going away RSN, you shouldn't be using it at all.
>> Instead just use require like normal.
>
> I thought just the autorequire attribute in gemspecs was going away.
> That currently allows you to use require_gem instead of require. Won't
> we still have to use require_gem, in addition to require, in order to
> use a particular version of a gem instead of the latest version that
> has been installed?

I believe the plan is to add a new method to handle activating a
particular version (and nothing more) and remove require_gem after a
deprecation period.

See:

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rubygems-developers...
001927.html