Forum: Ruby Re: parsedate doesn't work on Time.now.to_s

> > len = strftime(buf, 128, "%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Z %Y", &tobj->tm);
> > I don't think we need to fix time_to_s, however.  We need to fix
> > ParseDate.
>
> >> Time.now.strftime("%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %z %Y")
> => "Wed May 03 15:37:18 Eastern Daylight Time 2006"
>
> Note the use of "%z" as opposed to "%Z". Windows is hosed.
>
> -austin

Actually, I guess %z is just a synonym for %Z.  I misread the docs.

Anyway, the registry setting is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/TimeZoneInformation.
The keys are StandardName and DaylightName.

HTH,

Dan

or
strictly
destroy
On 5/3/06, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger@qwest.com> wrote:
> Actually, I guess %z is just a synonym for %Z.  I misread the docs.
>
> Anyway, the registry setting is
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/TimeZoneInformation.
> The keys are StandardName and DaylightName.

Yeah. My point about Windows being hosed doesn't change that the
parser needs to be fixed. It's just a lot harder to fix that.

-austin