Forum: GNU Radio GNURadio and Google Summer of Code

325fce33ff4480be6ed246a6bebc9a00?d=identicon&s=25 Andreas Schwarz (Guest)
"Summer of Code 2006 is a program that offers student developers
stipends to create new open source programs or to help currently
established projects. Google will be working with a variety of open
source, free software, and technology-related groups to identify and
fund several hundred projects over a three-month period."

The GNU Project is registered as a mentor organization, so if there is
any student who would want to do some a work on GNURadio, it probably
wouldn't be a bad idea to apply. There are already many project
suggestions, but maybe you get lucky...? The deadline is May 8.

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 09:17:21PM +0200, Andreas Schwarz wrote:
> suggestions, but maybe you get lucky...? The deadline is May 8.
> Andreas

Looks like a good program.  I'm signed up to mentor, and Matt will
back me up.

In the suggested projects department:

  * Build decent GUI around one or more GNU Radio apps.  This could
include a basic AM/FM/NBFM receiver/scanner.

  * Build decent GUI for an "amateur transceiver".  Including features
such as Tx/Rx frequency split for talking on repeaters, etc.  Could
optionally handle digital voice, etc.  We've got most of the guts
working, but no GUI.

  * RFID

  * Pretty much anything anybody wants to work on, e.g., signal
processing, new mods/demods, ...