Forum: Ruby Re: Best OS for Ruby Dev/Best OS for Ruby Hosting

C0b2a2dbaf74b55629dffd83bbe4e01f?d=identicon&s=25 matthew.hivner (Guest)
The only problem I've run into so far on OS X is (and it could be my
fault, I'm not sure) terminal.app's poor handling of ncurses (and thus
ruby-ncurses).

--matt
7264fb16beeea92b89bb42023738259d?d=identicon&s=25 chneukirchen (Guest)
<matthew.hivner@auab.centaf.af.mil> writes:

> The only problem I've run into so far on OS X is (and it could be my
> fault, I'm not sure) terminal.app's poor handling of ncurses (and thus
> ruby-ncurses).

I recommend iTerm.
011737f94b61f527bd869eb54d735f57?d=identicon&s=25 hramrach (Guest)
On 11/19/05, matthew.hivner@auab.centaf.af.mil
<matthew.hivner@auab.centaf.af.mil> wrote:
> The only problem I've run into so far on OS X is (and it could be my
> fault, I'm not sure) terminal.app's poor handling of ncurses (and thus
> ruby-ncurses).

What problems does Terminal.app cause?
I connect to screen with several curses applications from OS X,
NetBSD, and GNU/Linux, and I did not notice any problem specific to
Terminal.app.

Michal

--
             Support the freedom of music!
Maybe it's a weird genre  ..  but weird is *not* illegal.