USb issues

Hi,

Does anyone know why I get this error out of the blue when using the
USRP ??

write_internal_ram failed: error sending control message: Protocol
error
usrp: failed to load firmware
/usr0/local/gr/share/usrp/rev2/usrp_firmware.ihx.

I was working with the USRP just fine. Then suddenly I run it and this
is what I get…

I recompiled the gr-usrp and usrp code and copied the usrp_fpga.rbf
into the respective directory. But nothing works.

I still keep getting this error. Also the blinking led on the connected
USRP board stops blinking.

I feared it might be a board issue. But it when I connected to another
machine also running gnuradio, it works fine.

Any clues about this. I am totally baffled!

Thanks
Gesly

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:31:33AM -0700, Ges wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know why I get this error out of the blue when using the USRP ??

write_internal_ram failed: error sending control message: Protocol error
usrp: failed to load firmware /usr0/local/gr/share/usrp/rev2/usrp_firmware.ihx.

Did you change anything on the machine you were using, such as the
kernel? If so, what version of the kernel are you using?
I believe there was a regression in the USB stack in 2.6.15.

Eric

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:31:33AM -0700, Ges wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know why I get this error out of the blue when using the USRP ??

write_internal_ram failed: error sending control message: Protocol error
usrp: failed to load firmware /usr0/local/gr/share/usrp/rev2/usrp_firmware.ihx.

Did you change anything on the machine you were using, such as the
kernel? If so, what version of the kernel are you using?
I believe there was a regression in the USB stack in 2.6.15.

Eric

Well no I did not change anything. Anyway, it worked this morning. I
think it might have something to do with the module. But I am also using
a USB keyboard and mouse. So I am not sure of the reason.

I have another question.
Lets say I am trying to do time based transmission. For example, I want
to send out a frame every 2 secs. For a framer I write, how would I know
that all the bits related to that frame has actually been sent out from
the usrp buffers…, I need to ensure the whole frame has gone before I
stop transmission. I do not know how I can keep track of the contents of
the buffers.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks
Gesly