Forum: GNU Radio USb issues

628baa3c453c0bd218cb4d07363cad15?d=identicon&s=25 Ges (Guest)

 Does anyone know why I get this error out of the blue when using the
USRP ??

 write_internal_ram failed: error sending control message: Protocol
error
 usrp: failed to load firmware
/usr0/local/gr/share/usrp/rev2/usrp_firmware.ihx.

 I was working with the USRP just fine. Then suddenly I run it and this
is what I get....

 I recompiled the gr-usrp and usrp code and copied the usrp_fpga.rbf
into the respective directory. But nothing works.

 I still keep getting this error. Also the blinking led on the connected
USRP board stops blinking.

 I feared it might be a board issue. But it when I connected to another
machine also running gnuradio, it works fine.

 Any clues about this. I am totally baffled!

 Thanks
 Gesly
On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:31:33AM -0700, Ges wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Does anyone know why I get this error out of the blue when using the USRP ??
>

>  write_internal_ram failed: error sending control message: Protocol error
>  usrp: failed to load firmware /usr0/local/gr/share/usrp/rev2/usrp_firmware.ihx.

Did you change anything on the machine you were using, such as the
kernel?  If so, what version of the kernel are you using?
I believe there was a regression in the USB stack in 2.6.15.

Eric
628baa3c453c0bd218cb4d07363cad15?d=identicon&s=25 Ges (Guest)
On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:31:33AM -0700, Ges wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Does anyone know why I get this error out of the blue when using the USRP ??
>

>  write_internal_ram failed: error sending control message: Protocol error
>  usrp: failed to load firmware /usr0/local/gr/share/usrp/rev2/usrp_firmware.ihx.

Did you change anything on the machine you were using, such as the
kernel?  If so, what version of the kernel are you using?
I believe there was a regression in the USB stack in 2.6.15.

Eric
Well no I did not change anything. Anyway, it worked this morning. I
think it might have something to do with the module. But I am also using
a USB keyboard and mouse. So I am not sure of the reason.

 I have another question.
 Lets say I am trying to do time based transmission. For example, I want
to send out a frame every 2 secs. For a framer I write, how would I know
that all the bits related to that frame has actually been sent out from
the usrp buffers..., I need to ensure the whole frame has gone before I
stop transmission. I do not know how I can keep track of the contents of
the buffers.

 Is there anyway to do this?

 Thanks
 Gesly