Forum: Ruby on Rails Differences betwen check_box_tag and check_box form helper.

88ade3846f380b12dc27cada47138661?d=identicon&s=25 Fernando Lujan (Guest)
What is the difference between the check_box_tag and the check_box form
helper?

I can't understand why both must exist. :(

Thanks.

Fernando Lujan
Fernando Lujan wrote:

> What is the difference between the check_box_tag and the check_box form
> helper?
>
> I can't understand why both must exist. :(
One (check_box) is specifically designed to work with ActiveRecord-style
objects, where an instance variable has persistent named data methods -
this works very nicely with Rails' parameter string parsing.  The other
(check_box_tag) can be used for anything.