Forum: GNU Radio Digital Radio Mundial

C64c1417762c07a7587efc9af476f1bd?d=identicon&s=25 Brett L Trotter (Guest)
I've been tearing apart and fixing up the DReaM sources in order to
reduce it to its core. I've made patches to allow use of FFTW3 instead
of FFTW2 and to fix the problems compiling without the QT GUI interface.

So I'm at the point where I know how to instantiate a DRM Receiver
object and am close to understanding both how to pass in I/Q values and
how to dump out audio data to a sound card.

What do I need to know in terms of taking that C++ code and making a
Python GNURadio/USRP module that can use the DRM library?
On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 06:12:58AM -0500, Brett L Trotter wrote:
> I've been tearing apart and fixing up the DReaM sources in order to
> reduce it to its core. I've made patches to allow use of FFTW3 instead
> of FFTW2 and to fix the problems compiling without the QT GUI interface.

That's great!  Thanks for splitting it up.

> So I'm at the point where I know how to instantiate a DRM Receiver
> object and am close to understanding both how to pass in I/Q values and
> how to dump out audio data to a sound card.
>
> What do I need to know in terms of taking that C++ code and making a
> Python GNURadio/USRP module that can use the DRM library?

If you can get the interface boiled down to a function call or class
method or some such, that accepts a block of I/Q values and produces a
block of audio samples, it's no problem.

Let me know when you get there and I'll assist with getting it glued
into a GNU Radio block.

Eric
Eric Blossom wrote:
>>So I'm at the point where I know how to instantiate a DRM Receiver
>
> Let me know when you get there and I'll assist with getting it glued
> into a GNU Radio block.
>
> Eric

I believe I am there already. It seems that all one must do is
instantiate a DRMReceiver object, take I/Q values one at a time and run
through HilbertFilt(r, i) then fill a vector called pvecOutputData with
the results, in increments of the block size, loop through and flip
spectrum if dsired, then do vecrInpData.AddEnd(pvecOutputData) and a
function to update the audio level meter (need to determine if this is
feedback used in some way, or can be neglected as it is GUI only)

So what's next?