Forum: GNU Radio install, gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory

8652d73bb06fb14932a149d0252856e5?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Loftin (Guest)
Well, I thought the gnuradio install went smoothly on FC5, but after
looking
through the build log and trying to run some examples, I received the
following
problems

Testing gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory...
gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping: createfilemapping is not available
....... gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory: Doesn't work

This gave errors when trying to run the audio examples.

I got the above problem with the tar files and also with the most recent
off of
cvs.  Any ideas?  A search brought up a couple problems for mac/win and
mention of a patch, not sure if this is relevant.  Thanks.

Ben
8652d73bb06fb14932a149d0252856e5?d=identicon&s=25 Benjamin Loftin (Guest)
The problem was fixed by making sure everything to do with alsa was
installed, but I'm not sure which specific package
On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 08:03:05PM -0700, Ben Loftin wrote:
> Well, I thought the gnuradio install went smoothly on FC5, but after looking
> through the build log and trying to run some examples, I received the following
> problems
>
> Testing gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory...
> gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping: createfilemapping is not available
> ....... gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory: Doesn't work

That message is to be expected.  It doesn't indicate a problem, just
that you're not running on a windows machine ;)

I assume that

  $ make check

works fine.  By "works fine" I mean that the final line that it prints
doesn't say something about N of M tests failed,  where N > 0.

> This gave errors when trying to run the audio examples.

What do you see when you try to run one of the audio examples?

Eric