-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]

[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Kent S.
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 10:50 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Rails] web services and dealing with before_filter

Ruby's xmlrpc library knows how to handle cookies. But this

functionality is required neither by xmlrpc spec nor by soap spec. For
interoperability purposes I’d recommend sending username and password
with each request.

Kent.

On 5/1/06, Berger, Daniel <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

Behalf Of
> Berger, Daniel
> Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 9:58 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: RE: [Rails] web services and dealing with
before_filter

> Here’s how I ultimately decided to deal with this
issue in
> case anyone is interested:

	<snip>

	Ok, this is odd.  The sample Ruby client I provided

works fine, i.e.
the session data is retained after the call to
login.Login.

	However, this sample Perl client does *not* retain the

session data:

	use strict;
	use warnings;
	use Frontier::Client;

	my $url = "http://localhost:3000/webservice/api ";
	my $client = Frontier::Client->new(url=>$url) or die $!;

	$client->call('login.Login', 'user', 'XXX');
	print $client->call('hardware.FindHardwareById', 2),

“\n”;
print $client->call(’ hardware.GetAllHardware’);

	Why would session data be retained with the Ruby code

but
not the Perl code?

	This is Ruby 1.8.4, Webrick, Windows XP Pro, btw.

	Regards,

	Dan

	This communication is the property of Qwest and may

contain confidential or
privileged information. Unauthorized use of this
communication is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply
e-mail and destroy

--
Kent
---