Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby Reference

A4a8fefcbd2cd6d2370609a5e2a3a389?d=identicon&s=25 Rob Merrell (Guest)
Hello all,

What Ruby reference is everybodies favorite?  When I've been looking
around
for documentation I haven't found any that quite compares to php.net's
and
cppreference.com's function references.  I've been using the one found
on
rubycentral, but I think that it is missing quite a bit and doesn't have
very good examples.  ri is fine, but can be a pain in the butt to
navigate
around.  If there aren't any really good ones out there would people be
willing to contribute classes, methods and examples if I were to build
one?

Rob
Rob Merrell wrote:
> were to build one?
http://www.ruby-doc.org/core and /stdlib.  It's patchy in places, but
it's a good aide memoire.
On Apr 30, 2006, at 12:18 PM, Rob Merrell wrote:

> What Ruby reference is everybodies favorite?  When I've been
> looking around for documentation I haven't found any that quite
> compares to php.net's and cppreference.com's function references.
> I've been using the one found on rubycentral, but I think that it
> is missing quite a bit and doesn't have very good examples.  ri is
> fine, but can be a pain in the butt to navigate around.  If there
> aren't any really good ones out there would people be willing to
> contribute classes, methods and examples if I were to build one?

ri -l | grep helps, especially if you're running Rubygems from CVS
and ruby from CVS' 1.8 branch.

There's also the quickref in addition to the other stuff mentioned:

http://www.zenspider.com/Languages/Ruby/QuickRef.html

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com
8d50470327c9f59b275f532026b465ec?d=identicon&s=25 Todd Breiholz (Guest)
I've been using gotAPI.com recently. It's a wrapper over the
ruby-doc.org site but also has wrappers for many other technologies
(HTML, CSS, Javascript, and many more). Very handy.

Todd