Forum: Ruby on Rails Sample code for ODBC

B9d197c47f67e3423cbaf97adb2eeca7?d=identicon&s=25 Alan (Guest)

I use Rails on windows.

Is there any sample that explains how to setup rails for connecting to
an
ODBC data source?

Thank you,
Alan
Ab4c5cd5d9cc028fcba7a5eec8e1bf30?d=identicon&s=25 Alain (Guest)
on 2006-05-01 22:20
Googles says:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/ODBC

last link on the page. Please use google or the forum search before
asking for a question.

Thanks

Alan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use Rails on windows.
>
> Is there any sample that explains how to setup rails for connecting to
> an
> ODBC data source?
>
> Thank you,
> Alan
A5735ac216e523d16f3a238fb547ae7e?d=identicon&s=25 Alan (Guest)
on 2006-05-01 23:21
I did my homework and I knew about that link.

The problem that I cannot figureout is that we already have ODBC
connectivity in ruby installation at this location:

C:\ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\DBD\ODBC

Why do we need to install ruby-odbc-0.997.tar.tar again?

Alan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use Rails on windows.
>
> Is there any sample that explains how to setup rails for connecting to
> an
> ODBC data source?

While there is a Ruby ODBC driver, for some reason there's never been
the demand for creating a Rails adapter - at least, not that I'm aware
of.  There have been times when I've wished for one, but it turned out
that dumping the data across to MySQL was all that was needed for me...
Alain wrote:
> Googles says:
>
> http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/ODBC
>
> last link on the page. Please use google or the forum search before
> asking for a question.
While I sympathise with your sentiment, it's a reasonable question.  The
wiki page doesn't mention a Rails adapter, nor does the last link on the
wiki page.