Forum: Ruby MySQL with windows

B35e9113d2d517beb19ebd9eeb4d77be?d=identicon&s=25 Jon Dean (Guest)
on 2006-04-30 21:19
I am new to both ruby and am trying to install the API for mysql using
the link http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/mysql-ruby/. I am using
version 1.8.4 for ruby and 5.0.19-nt for mysql. Following the
readme-winpkg I entered ruby install.rb -n and got
install
mingw32/mysql.so => c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/i386-msvcrt
I then ran the simple.rb
# simple.rb - simple MySQL script using Ruby MySQL module

require "mysql"

begin
# connect to the MySQL server
dbh = Mysql.real_connect("localhost", "testuser", "testpass", "test")
# get server version string and display it
puts "Server version: " + dbh.get_server_info
rescue MysqlError => e
print "Error code: ", e.errno, "\n"
print "Error message: ", e.error, "\n"
ensure
# disconnect from server
dbh.close
end
from http://www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-mysql.html and got:
Error code:1251
Error message: Client does not support authentication protocol requested
by server; consider upgrading mysql client
simple.rb:13: undefined method 'close' for nil:NilClass <NoMethodError>

Are there any suggestion on how I can get the ruby API for mysql
installed and running?
F0223b1193ecc3a935ce41a1edd72e42?d=identicon&s=25 zdennis (Guest)