Forum: Ruby on Rails Warnings printed to console causes error if console closed o

89441a6c74647d292f5cc951eae24cfa?d=identicon&s=25 Jack Christensen (Guest)
I had a statement that was generating a warning about parenthesise
argument for future version. The interesting thing was it would crash
the page with an input/output error on my production linux server, but
worked fine in webbrick/windows. I finally tracked it down to it crashed
when trying to print the warning to the console. If I kept the terminal
open that I started the server on it would print the warning, but not
crash. I'm using lighttpd and scgi. I start the server by using
scgi_cluster via SSH.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks!

--
Jack Christensen
jackc@hylesanderson.edu
Jack Christensen wrote:

> Thanks!

Just following up with the solution for anyone who searches the mailing
list...

Redirecting stderr to a file did the trick.

--
Jack Christensen
jackc@hylesanderson.edu