Forum: Ruby on Rails fastcgi stopped

A71bcb92b36f48a83f06f9f0b1273990?d=identicon&s=25 Greg N. (gregnewman)
on 2006-04-28 20:49
My typo installation just mysteriously stopped working today for some
reason.
My production.log and fastcgi.crash.log files are no longer being
written to.

No permissions have changed and as far as I know, nothing has changed on
the server either.

My server logs are reporting:
[Fri Apr 28 14:29:54 2006] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server
dispatch.fcgi" has failed to remain running for 30 seconds given 3
attempts, its restart interval has been backed off to 600 seconds

The environment is fine, as well as the database.yml.  This is a site
that's been running all day until around 1:30pm when it went down.

If I run the command ruby dispatch.fcgi from the public folder, nothing
happens.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?
57e939ff00f9df2670a09f417c08da5e?d=identicon&s=25 Josh Knowles (Guest)
On 4/28/06, Greg Newman <greg@busyashell.com> wrote:

> My typo installation just mysteriously stopped working today for some
> reason.
> Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Who is your hosting provider?  Did they recently upgrade to Rails 1.1?
Did
you freeze your Rails?