Forum: Ruby Ruby is the stuff Gems are made of

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
E24778c9815b9a079e520b2867df444d?d=identicon&s=25 Guest (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 16:57
Ruby is productive fun.
10d9ed7ab11115b081bb36f56a7a13bc?d=identicon&s=25 John Wilger (jwilger)
on 2006-04-28 17:10
(Received via mailing list)
On 4/28/06, Guest <xyz@abc.com> wrote:
> Ruby is productive fun.
>
> --
> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

Just in case we needed another reason why the forum / mailing list
gateway should go away?

--
Regards,
John Wilger
http://johnwilger.com
A777f1a2049d78a12ead38efb8f75f97?d=identicon&s=25 Tanner Burson (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 17:22
(Received via mailing list)
On 4/28/06, John Wilger <johnwilger@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 4/28/06, Guest <xyz@abc.com> wrote:
> > Ruby is productive fun.
> >
> > --
> > Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
>
> Just in case we needed another reason why the forum / mailing list
> gateway should go away?


+1 I'm about to just auto-kill anything started by someone posting from
ruby-forum.

--
280b41a88665fd8c699e83a9a25ef949?d=identicon&s=25 Stephen Waits (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 20:24
(Received via mailing list)
Tanner Burson wrote:
> On 4/28/06, John Wilger <johnwilger@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just in case we needed another reason why the forum / mailing list
>> gateway should go away?
>
> +1 I'm about to just auto-kill anything started by someone posting from
> ruby-forum.

I'm getting close myself.  But I would like to see the NNTP gateway
un-die.

--Steve
A402df36168b81b31c17adcbb5ae8cf4?d=identicon&s=25 Pistos Christou (pistos)
on 2006-04-29 01:34
Stephen Waits wrote:
>>> Just in case we needed another reason why the forum / mailing list
>>> gateway should go away?
>> +1 I'm about to just auto-kill anything started by someone posting from
>> ruby-forum.
> I'm getting close myself.  But I would like to see the NNTP gateway
> un-die.

In case anyone's counting votes:

-1

I use the forums, never google groups, never the newsgroup, never the
mailing list.

Perhaps there need to be some other "sanitization" measures put in place
in the forum?

Pistos
E34b5cae57e0dd170114dba444e37852?d=identicon&s=25 Logan Capaldo (Guest)
on 2006-04-29 01:54
(Received via mailing list)
On Apr 28, 2006, at 7:34 PM, Pistos Christou wrote:

> Perhaps there need to be some other "sanitization" measures put in
> place
> in the forum?
>
> Pistos

Suggestions:

1) Don't allow anonymous posts
2) When you register for ruby-forum, display the comp.lang.ruby FAQ,
possibly with some additions pointing out that the forum is a gateway
to the ML
7264fb16beeea92b89bb42023738259d?d=identicon&s=25 Christian Neukirchen (Guest)
on 2006-05-03 19:08
(Received via mailing list)
"John Wilger" <johnwilger@gmail.com> writes:

> On 4/28/06, Guest <xyz@abc.com> wrote:
>> Ruby is productive fun.
>>
>> --
>> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
>
> Just in case we needed another reason why the forum / mailing list
> gateway should go away?

For telling the truth? }}:-)

(I see your point.)
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.