Forum: Ruby on Rails Shipping gem on windows

D0cd6b10e01bacb976b3b815a9c660bc?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Wayne (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 01:25
I am trying to use the shipping gem shipping.rubyforge.org, but I cant
get it to work on my windows development box at all.  Problem anytime I
try to do anything I get:

ArgumentError: couldn't find HOME environment -- expanding
`~/.shipping.yml'
        from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/shipping-1.3.0/lib/shipping/base.rb:25:in
`expand_path'
        from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/shipping-1.3.0/lib/shipping/base.rb:25:in
`initialize'
        from (irb):4

It seems the gem is looking for the shipping.yml for loading presets,
however I don;t even plan to use this feature.  I want to be able to
snag the ups/fedex account info from a global settings table in the
database.  But I cant get them gem to work at all on my dev windows box.

Is the shipping gem just not windows compatible?
D0cd6b10e01bacb976b3b815a9c660bc?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Wayne (Guest)
on 2006-05-02 18:46
Alex Wayne wrote:
> I am trying to use the shipping gem shipping.rubyforge.org, but I cant
> get it to work on my windows development box at all.  Problem anytime I
> try to do anything I get:
>
> ArgumentError: couldn't find HOME environment -- expanding
> `~/.shipping.yml'
>
> It seems the gem is looking for the shipping.yml for loading presets,
> however I don;t even plan to use this feature.  I want to be able to
> snag the ups/fedex account info from a global settings table in the
> database.  But I cant get them gem to work at all on my dev windows box.
>
> Is the shipping gem just not windows compatible?

Noone else has done this?