Forum: Ruby Possible Ruby Bug?

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
02bd6b98b7c04f9ae5868eda3d01fb73?d=identicon&s=25 Brad (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 00:11
require 'open-uri'



#~ When I require all three of the following modules

require 'fileutils'

require 'tempfile'

require 'win32/taskscheduler'



#~ I get this error on Windows 2003 SP1:

#~ This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.

#~ Please contact the application's support team for more information.

#~ c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/net/protocol.rb:90: [BUG] Segmentation fault

#~ ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i386-mswin32]



#~ When I comment out any one of the three modules, it works fine.

#~ Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?



def read_a_webpage
  #~ This uses OpenURI
  page = open('http://google.com/').read

  puts page

end



read_a_webpage
02bd6b98b7c04f9ae5868eda3d01fb73?d=identicon&s=25 Brad (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 01:53
I think using Kernel.open will correct it. Sometimes being more explicit
is good... Let's all cheer for Python ;)
02bd6b98b7c04f9ae5868eda3d01fb73?d=identicon&s=25 Guest (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 14:15
Brad wrote:
> I think using Kernel.open will correct it.

Using Kernel.open did not correct this problem. I believe
it is a bug. Should I post this elswhere? Try the code in the original
post. It's easy to reproduce.
E51d56251ec4affafe85ee9367228965?d=identicon&s=25 Park Heesob (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 17:16
(Received via mailing list)
Hi,

>it is a bug. Should I post this elswhere? Try the code in the original
>post. It's easy to reproduce.
>
>--
>Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
>
There was bug in taskscheduer module and fixed in CVS.
Refer to
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/win32utils-devel/20...
Try CVS version.

Regards,

Park Heesob
02bd6b98b7c04f9ae5868eda3d01fb73?d=identicon&s=25 Brad Tilley (rtilley)
on 2006-04-28 17:58
Park Heesob wrote:
> Hi,
> There was bug in taskscheduer module and fixed in CVS.
> Refer to
> http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/win32utils-devel/20...
> Try CVS version.

Taskscheduler works fine for me. It's only when I require like this:

require 'open-uri'
require 'fileutils'
require 'tempfile'
require 'win32/taskscheduler'

Or like this:

require 'open-uri'
require 'fileutils'
#require 'tempfile'
require 'win32/taskscheduler'

When I require taskscheduler alone, it works fine.
02bd6b98b7c04f9ae5868eda3d01fb73?d=identicon&s=25 Brad (Guest)
on 2006-05-01 17:28
Park Heesob wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>it is a bug. Should I post this elswhere? Try the code in the original
>>post. It's easy to reproduce.
>>
>>--
>>Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
>>
> There was bug in taskscheduer module and fixed in CVS.
> Refer to
> http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/win32utils-devel/20...
> Try CVS version.

How do I get the updated .so file? I got the cvs taskscheduler.c,
taskscheduler.h and taskscheduler.rb but I don't understand how to build
a .so file.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.