Forum: Ruby Gateway and the new ruby-talk-google archive

45196398e9685000d195ec626d477f0e?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Hi All,

Though everyone should know about the status of the news<->mail
gateway. I've talked to various persons involved and it appears it will
not be coming back. That means the newgroup (comp.lang.ruby) is now on
it is own. So just be aware of that. I'm guessing (based on rescent
testimonies) that it will be more a domain for nubys. So please do not
hesitate to keep an eye on it. Nuby's need experts to answer their
questions after all ;) A nice GoogleGroups interface to the newsgroup
is here:

  http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby?lnk=...

Also, without the gateway the nice GoogleGroup interface is no longer
usable for the ruby-talk mailing list itself. Since that's the way I
like to interface with the list (keeps the clutter off my computer), I
had to fix. So I set up an archive list, which can be used instead:
ruby-talk-google. I'm using it right now to send this message. Check it
out here:

  http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-talk-google?ln...

Replying via this GoogleGroup just routes your post to the
mailing-list, and vice-versa.

T.
E0ed615bd6632dd23165e045e3c1df09?d=identicon&s=25 Florian GroÃ? (Guest)
transfire@gmail.com wrote:

> mailing-list, and vice-versa.
There also is http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.general
A402df36168b81b31c17adcbb5ae8cf4?d=identicon&s=25 Pistos Christou (pistos)
on 2006-04-27 22:30
Florian GroÃ? wrote:
> transfire@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> mailing-list, and vice-versa.
> There also is http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.general

Not to forget http://www.ruby-forum.com (which I use).

Pistos
45196398e9685000d195ec626d477f0e?d=identicon&s=25 trans (Guest)
on 2006-04-28 03:52
Pistos Christou wrote:
> Florian GroÃ? wrote:
>> transfire@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> mailing-list, and vice-versa.
>> There also is http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.general
>
> Not to forget http://www.ruby-forum.com (which I use).

Which actually would be a great place for gateway to the newsgroup too.

T.