Forum: Ruby on Rails re-sizing pictures.....

4108c0021c64d188494cae8dcfc95fd8?d=identicon&s=25 Jon Mr (jon-d)
on 2006-04-27 00:27
So i followed the steps in the agile development book and everything is
working just fine... i even added a few new functions to list and manage
the pics. but what if i start uploading big pics? i don't want to have
huge desk-top size pics taking up the whole page all the time. right?
so does anyone have a sort-of thumbnail thing they'd be willing to
share?  any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks...
D90ef6808433e63203e15a5c2dadb0bb?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Reubenstein (Guest)
Check out RMagick

http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/

On 4/26/06, Jon Mr <jon.druse@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rails mailing list
> Rails@lists.rubyonrails.org

Ben Reubenstein
http://www.benr75.com
B33ea5c12d767bfd1253940a960274f5?d=identicon&s=25 Tim Hunter (timhunter)
on 2006-04-27 02:04
Jon Mr wrote:
> So i followed the steps in the agile development book and everything is
> working just fine... i even added a few new functions to list and manage
> the pics. but what if i start uploading big pics? i don't want to have
> huge desk-top size pics taking up the whole page all the time. right?
> so does anyone have a sort-of thumbnail thing they'd be willing to
> share?  any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks...

FileColumn: http://www.kanthak.net/opensource/file_column/
D0cd6b10e01bacb976b3b815a9c660bc?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Wayne (Guest)
on 2006-04-27 03:21
Jon Mr wrote:
> So i followed the steps in the agile development book and everything is
> working just fine... i even added a few new functions to list and manage
> the pics. but what if i start uploading big pics? i don't want to have
> huge desk-top size pics taking up the whole page all the time. right?
> so does anyone have a sort-of thumbnail thing they'd be willing to
> share?  any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks...

Or with an approach slightly different to file column, SuperImage

http://beautifulpixel.textdriven.com/articles/2006...