Forum: Ruby on Rails Deploying Rails Application?

40db9e75b3f5899258e3bdc0c9210154?d=identicon&s=25 Conrad Taylor (Guest)
Hi, after someone has performed the 'rake freeze_gems', how does one
reverse
this action? I guess my goal was to deploy a 1.1.2 rails application on
1.0 rails host.  Is this the correct step to perform for deployment.  If
any
one has any insight, please drop me an e-mail and thanks in advance.

Peace,

-Conrad
455ac2a64d06dc8461f4d258d7f7e980?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Trier (Guest)
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/EdgeRails

Also note that you need to be sure you're running the latest version
of Rake.  Also be aware of any gems / plugins you might be using
outside of Rails.

Michael
D449d54c3b0f8c9930c11c7d7d3e6cdd?d=identicon&s=25 Surendra Singhi (Guest)
"Conrad Taylor" <conradwt@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, after someone has performed the 'rake freeze_gems', how does one reverse
> this action? I guess my goal was to deploy a 1.1.2 rails application on a
> 1.0 rails host.  Is this the correct step to perform for deployment.  If any
> one has any insight, please drop me an e-mail and thanks in advance.

Make sure that your host is running Ruby 1.8.4.

If your host is godaddy, please reply and let us know, if you had any
success
running Rails 1.1.2 application on them.

I am able to run Rails 1.0.0 on them, but haven't had any luck with
1.1.2 yet.
--
Surendra Singhi
Read my blog at: http://cuttingtheredtape.blogspot.com/