Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby On Rails Salary in the UK? how much?

38c27a9310ea68766d2e0b77ed193386?d=identicon&s=25 JDalton (Guest)

What do you think is a reasonable salary for a ROR programmer in
Manchester, UK?
If you're working with ROR and in the UK i'd be interested in knowing
your salary :-)

Your opinions would be very valuable to me
JD
541de6f34272a6c4315bf451a7e6c8d0?d=identicon&s=25 will (Guest)
JDalton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What do you think is a reasonable salary for a ROR programmer in
> Manchester, UK?

As someone working in the area, I would have to say, ooooh, roughly a
meellion pounds a year :)

My opinion on the wages of software developmers is not entirely aligned
with a lot of employers, including my present one ;)  I probably read a
bit too much Joel on Software:

http://joelonsoftware.com/
E1c74637dbb1b765861978e4c4f6388e?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Armitage (Guest)
Whatever you'd expect for the level of the position and your own
capibilities, regardless of language/framework, that's a fair salary.

I wouldn't argue that because ROR skills are "rarer" that they're worth
more, simply because the number of people who wish to employ ROR
developers
is similarly rarer.