Forum: Ruby on Rails How much Ruby?

6d3c187a8b3ef53b08e3e7e8572c4fea?d=identicon&s=25 Jeremy McAnally (Guest)
> I bought the pickaxe about 1 1/2 months ago, and I have been reading through
> it and learning Ruby in my spare time. I'm about 200 pages into it, and I'm
> starting to think I don't need to know all of the in's and out's of Ruby to
> get a good hang on Rails.
>
> How much Ruby do I really need to be proficient in Rails? Ruby is a great
> language, I love it, but I don't see myself ever using it outside of Rails.
>
> Thanks a lot,

The first chapter of my upcoming book is available for free at
http://www.mrneighborly.com/book

It's specifically targeted at getting you going on Rails with more
than a few pages (it's ~60 pages) but without overwhelming you with
500+ pages.

--Jeremy