Forum: Ruby on Rails search recipe

26ca684555abbdb44f01bd1e165e649b?d=identicon&s=25 Vince W. (vince)
on 2006-04-25 01:20
I was able to follow the search recipe in Chad Fowler's upcoming book
but I'm wondering if there is any sort of recipe/guide out there to
actually perform the search once the auto-complete does its stuff.
Anyone?  It's kind of hard to search for search..
Ab14c50a93717a5bfd342496317975c4?d=identicon&s=25 Arie Kusuma Atmaja (Guest)
Vince W. wrote:
> I was able to follow the search recipe in Chad Fowler's upcoming book
> but I'm wondering if there is any sort of recipe/guide out there to
> actually perform the search once the auto-complete does its stuff.
> Anyone?  It's kind of hard to search for search..

Hi Vince,
i found scriptaculous site very useful after being able to follow chad's
search recipe unless for the search algorithm, not satisfied with
find(:all, :conditions => ["some_id = ?", var]) .. read typo source code
it's good though there's no rails search for this
find_by_sql("autocomplete complex search view its results and statistics
like google")

--
sig "kind regards" :name => "Arie Kusuma Atmaja", :callme => "Arie",
:yahoo_messenger => "riyari3", :email => "ariekusumaatmaja@gmail.com",

haree genee pake (as|ph)p ?
siape lu mo bikin framework Ruby test/unit pake php :p