Forum: Ruby Patch for ri to show subclasses

C85a33334dbbf2b23c87e8fa78beb8d2?d=identicon&s=25 Sven Klemm (Guest)
Hello,

I've written a patch for ri to also show subclasses at the class
documentation.
The output with the patch looks like this:

~> ri -T Momomoto
-------------------------------------------------------- Class: Momomoto
     Momomoto is a database abstraction layer

SubClasses:
-----------
     Base, CriticalError, Database, Datatype, Error, Function,
     Information_schema, Table, View

I've attached a patch to the ri classes and a standalone version.
I would really love to see this integrated into the official ri.

Sven
On Apr 24, 2006, at 1:55 PM, Sven Klemm wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've written a patch for ri to also show subclasses at the class
> documentation.
> The output with the patch looks like this:

Please post this patch to ruby-core.

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com