Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: [ANN] Version 1.1.2 CHM Documentation File

> You can download the file directly from here:
> http://delynnberry.com/files/rails-documentation-1-1-2.chm.
>
> Let me know if you encounter any problems with the file.

Thanks again for this.  It makes searching much easier. :)

Regards,

Dan

or
strictly
destroy
2d1a6a800524db3dd5a6bd7c79ea0e7b?d=identicon&s=25 Peter (Guest)
on 2006-04-24 20:06
Very handy.

Thanx
81279142caec7e29150fced7f916da62?d=identicon&s=25 DeLynn Berry (Guest)
> Thanks again for this.  It makes searching much easier. :)
> Very handy.

Not a problem. I'm glad people are finding it helpful.

--
DeLynn Berry
delynn@gmail.com

~ Ben

On 4/24/06, DeLynn Berry <delynn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rails mailing list
> Rails@lists.rubyonrails.org

Ben Reubenstein
http://www.benr75.com
C07962faa904d29a147bbcedbdac1da5?d=identicon&s=25 Jakub Kozisek (Guest)
on 2006-04-25 00:25
There is CHM reader named xchm working under linux and ported to Mac and
Win too.
I've tested it year ago without any problems. Look at:
http://xchm.sourceforge.net/

JK

Ben Reubenstein wrote:
> Is there anything remotely similar to a CHM help file for Mac or
> Linux?  I like to use the CHM file at work, but at home I find myself
> back at http://api.rubyonrails.com/
>
> ~ Ben
>
> On 4/24/06, DeLynn Berry <delynn@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Rails mailing list
>> Rails@lists.rubyonrails.org
>>

> --
> Ben Reubenstein
> http://www.benr75.com
81279142caec7e29150fced7f916da62?d=identicon&s=25 DeLynn Berry (Guest)
> Is there anything remotely similar to a CHM help file for Mac or
> Linux?

Check out Chmox for OS X: http://chmox.sourceforge.net/.

They don't have searching yet, but it will read the CHM file.

As for the other *nixes, try xchm: http://xchm.sourceforge.net/.

--
DeLynn Berry
delynn@gmail.com
81279142caec7e29150fced7f916da62?d=identicon&s=25 DeLynn Berry (Guest)
> There is CHM reader named xchm working under linux and ported to Mac and
> Win too.

Guess I was just a tad bit late on this one :-) Thanks Jakub.

--
DeLynn Berry
delynn@gmail.com
On 25 Apr 2006, at 00:26, DeLynn Berry wrote:

>> Is there anything remotely similar to a CHM help file for Mac or
>> Linux?
>
> Check out Chmox for OS X: http://chmox.sourceforge.net/.
>
> They don't have searching yet, but it will read the CHM file.

CHM Viewer for MacOS X has it, but the index needs to be built on a
Windows distribution first, it can't build the index itself. The CHM
file posted on the list isn't indexed.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
81279142caec7e29150fced7f916da62?d=identicon&s=25 DeLynn Berry (Guest)
> CHM Viewer for MacOS X has it, but the index needs to be built on a
> Windows distribution first, it can't build the index itself. The CHM
> file posted on the list isn't indexed.

I did not realize that you need to manually build the index on the CHM
file. Can you tell me how I might go about doing that. I'd be happy to
manually build the index and post the updated file to my site.

Thanks.

--
DeLynn Berry
delynn@gmail.com
On 25 Apr 2006, at 15:59, DeLynn Berry wrote:

>> CHM Viewer for MacOS X has it, but the index needs to be built on a
>> Windows distribution first, it can't build the index itself. The CHM
>> file posted on the list isn't indexed.
>
> I did not realize that you need to manually build the index on the CHM
> file. Can you tell me how I might go about doing that. I'd be happy to
> manually build the index and post the updated file to my site.

I believe just opening it once in windows builds the index. Not to
sure however, all I can say is that the index is empty when I open it
in CHM viewer, while I have other CHMs that show the index just fine.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
81279142caec7e29150fced7f916da62?d=identicon&s=25 DeLynn Berry (Guest)
> I believe just opening it once in windows builds the index. Not to
> sure however, all I can say is that the index is empty when I open it
> in CHM viewer, while I have other CHMs that show the index just fine.

I thought that might be it as well, but I've opened the thing multiple
times in Windows and played around with the index and still no luck.
I've even gone through all the options in the Microsoft HTML Help
Workshop and nothing I change seems to make a difference.

I'll keep searching Google and see what I can find.

--
DeLynn Berry
delynn@gmail.com
DeLynn Berry wrote:
>> Is there anything remotely similar to a CHM help file for Mac or
>> Linux?
>
> Check out Chmox for OS X: http://chmox.sourceforge.net/.

Chamanix looks nice as well:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/chamonix/

It seems to provide full text search and indexing.

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com
81279142caec7e29150fced7f916da62?d=identicon&s=25 DeLynn Berry (Guest)
> Chamanix looks nice as well:
>
>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/chamonix/
>
> It seems to provide full text search and indexing.

Chamanix is really nice!. I like that it uses a WebKit view to display
the documentation. I've gone ahead and added it to the wiki page.

--
DeLynn Berry wrote:
>> Chamanix looks nice as well:
>>
>>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/chamonix/
>>
>> It seems to provide full text search and indexing.
>
> Chamanix is really nice!. I like that it uses a WebKit view to display
> the documentation. I've gone ahead and added it to the wiki page.

What wiki page?

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com
81279142caec7e29150fced7f916da62?d=identicon&s=25 DeLynn Berry (Guest)
> What wiki page?

On the Rails Wiki:
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/HowToGener....

--