Forum: Ruby on Rails A Stylesheet for a database app

Dc57168c0e077f75a72922bee7d383c9?d=identicon&s=25 Alessandro Ronchi (Guest)
Hi to all, I'm a new subscriber of this list and a new user of RoR.
I'm looking for a stylesheet to make a simple database app nicer, a css
start working with.

I have to do some simple apps and I want them to be the more uniform on
the
presentation side.

I know I can do it for myself, but a nice stylesheet is not so easy to
perform
for a non-grafic geek like me, and so if I can find a good one to start
with,
I would be very happy and I can start developing the real thing very
soon.

Thanks in advance!
--
Alessandro Ronchi, capogruppo dei Verdi nel Consiglio Comunale di Forlì.
http://www.alessandroronchi.net - Il mio sito personale
Alessandro Ronchi wrote:
> Hi to all, I'm a new subscriber of this list and a new user of RoR.
> I'm looking for a stylesheet to make a simple database app nicer, a css
> start working with.
>
> I have to do some simple apps and I want them to be the more uniform on
> the
> presentation side.
>
> I know I can do it for myself, but a nice stylesheet is not so easy to
> perform
> for a non-grafic geek like me, and so if I can find a good one to start
> with,
> I would be very happy and I can start developing the real thing very
> soon.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> --
> Alessandro Ronchi, capogruppo dei Verdi nel Consiglio Comunale di Forlì.
> http://www.alessandroronchi.net - Il mio sito personale
> http://www.soasi.com - Sviluppo Software e Sistemi Open Source

Find it in..
{RAILS_ROOT}/public/stylesheets/whatever.css
If I got your question right.
And then you can put in your designs there.
D0cd6b10e01bacb976b3b815a9c660bc?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Wayne (Guest)
on 2006-04-24 11:48
Alessandro Ronchi wrote:
> Hi to all, I'm a new subscriber of this list and a new user of RoR.
> I'm looking for a stylesheet to make a simple database app nicer, a css
> start working with.
>
> I have to do some simple apps and I want them to be the more uniform on
> the
> presentation side.
>
> I know I can do it for myself, but a nice stylesheet is not so easy to
> perform
> for a non-grafic geek like me, and so if I can find a good one to start
> with,
> I would be very happy and I can start developing the real thing very
> soon.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> --
> Alessandro Ronchi, capogruppo dei Verdi nel Consiglio Comunale di Forlì.
> http://www.alessandroronchi.net - Il mio sito personale
> http://www.soasi.com - Sviluppo Software e Sistemi Open Source

Look at the scaffold.css that should appear if you do a "ruby
script/generate scaffold Foo".  It's not a bad starting point.   There
is not a whole lot too it however.
Alle 11:38, lunedì 24 aprile 2006, Guest ha scritto:
> Find it in..
> {RAILS_ROOT}/public/stylesheets/whatever.css
> If I got your question right.
> And then you can put in your designs there.

I think I did not explain my problem well.
I am looking for an already done stylesheet, to use with a standard
application.

I want to use rails as a framework without worrying about graphics (now)
,
like I can do developing a java or a QT || GTK app.
I need a good stylesheet because the standard html is not well suited
for
database interrogation and modification apps.

I just want to not start from scratch to build css styles for: forms,
tabs
(like desktop application), close window [x]

I think there's already something like that, a stylesheet that simulates
desktop app (it's not necessary to look exactly as a windows xp app, I
only
need to organize my app screens in a clean way).

It's not necessary it's suited for RoR, as it uses css standard files.
--
Alessandro Ronchi, capogruppo dei Verdi nel Consiglio Comunale di Forlì.
http://www.alessandroronchi.net - Il mio sito personale
http://www.soasi.com - Sviluppo Software e Sistemi Open Source
Fd1769776698da69ffd5bdda094d8581?d=identicon&s=25 Jon Evans (Guest)
Hi Alessandro,

On 24 Apr 2006, at 11:56, Alessandro Ronchi wrote:

> It's not necessary it's suited for RoR, as it uses css standard files.
I think you are maybe misunderstanding the capabilities of CSS.  You
can't just drop in a CSS file and have the page look like a Windows
XP app.  You would need the HTML in the page to be structured in the
right way for the CSS file as well.

Jon
Alle 13:35, lunedì 24 aprile 2006, Jon Evans ha scritto:
> I think you are maybe misunderstanding the capabilities of CSS.  You
> can't just drop in a CSS file and have the page look like a Windows
> XP app.  You would need the HTML in the page to be structured in the
> right way for the CSS file as well.

Yes, but maybe a collection of css and view object in html should do the
trick...

Maybe someone has already written those lines, and want to share his
work with
a visual framework to help develop "desktop" apps.
Alessandro Ronchi wrote:
> a visual framework to help develop "desktop" apps.

Check out the AJAX scaffolding rails plugin - it's got a fairly general
approach.

http://www.ajaxscaffold.com/
642a55efaf21673ee542bc17e64c8ed1?d=identicon&s=25 Juan Lupión (Guest)
> Check out the AJAX scaffolding rails plugin - it's got a fairly general
> approach.
>
> http://www.ajaxscaffold.com/

Second that, it seems to be what Alessandro is looking for.

--
Alle 14:16, lunedì 24 aprile 2006, Juan Lupión ha scritto:
> Second that, it seems to be what Alessandro is looking for.

Yes, it seems.
I'll try it, thanks for the help!

PS: if you find some other similar projects, please tell me.
On Apr 24, 2006, at 6:36 AM, Alessandro Ronchi wrote:

> Forlì.
> http://www.alessandroronchi.net - Il mio sito personale
> http://www.soasi.com - Sviluppo Software e Sistemi Open Source

http://www.oswd.org/