Forum: Ruby on Rails background jobs , comparison esp for sending emails

C25d913c4111f0db9ca31f0595eba878?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Tom (tingle)
hi, im new to backgroundjobs etc. a quick look revealed a lot of
options.
is there any kind of comparsion out there? im looking into this coz i
have a
lot 'notification emails' triggered by observers which i kinda want to
exclude from the workflow and pass it on into a 'mail' queue or similar.

any ideas if there is a comparison etc out there?

thx
tom
2c036193344d9e20914ed4968d0b3656?d=identicon&s=25 tramuntanal (Guest)
You can follow engine yard recomendations:
http://www.engineyard.com/products/technology/stack
explore: http://github.com/ezmobius/nanite
or use raw cron

I advice that EngineYard recomendation against backgroundrb is realy
true. I
had to remove backgroundrb from a production app (not hosted in
EngineYard)
and use raw crons because the background server failed a lot.

Regards

2010/12/10 tom <tomabroad@gmail.com>

>  --

91a72b0ad3e43e3ef3a31816667ec694?d=identicon&s=25 Bill Walton (Guest)
I'm using Background Job to send emails with the same objective.  It's
working well.,

HTH,
Bill
Fce8e97a4f558dcdd7d6a64f02c493a6?d=identicon&s=25 Vladimir Rybas (Guest)
I usually use Delayed Job, but it seems like not a best solution for
highload apps. Here is nice article about Resque
http://rubylearning.com/blog/2010/11/08/do-you-know-resque/
but haven't tried it yet.
We are using Nanite, amongst other things to generate complex mails
and send them off. Works brilliantly and we don't even load the Rails
environment into the nanite workers, making every worker a nicely
contained, very memory-friendly entity. Nanite is very scalable.
Existing account

No account? Register here.