Forum: Ruby on Rails custom form builder

Jeroen H. (Guest)
on 2006-04-23 14:51
In the API docs I found this:

"You can also build forms using a customized FormBuilder class. Subclass
FormBuilder and override or define some more helpers, then use your
custom builder "

I couldn't find any further documentation on this. Where can I read more
about this formbuilder class? For starters, where would I define a
subclass of this class?

TIA,

Jeroen
Abdur-rahman A. (Guest)
Jeroen,

Well you could look at the default formbuilder in the rails source or
look at the plugin of techno-weenie (labeled form or something). He
wrote a formbuilder class in the plugin (didn't use the new interface
tho).

Greets,

Abdur-Rahman
Jeroen H. (Guest)
on 2006-04-23 15:02
Jeroen H. wrote:
> Where can I read more
> about this formbuilder class? For starters, where would I define a
> subclass of this class?

Just saw the Rails Recipes book has some pages on this, I'm generating a
new copy now ;-)

Jeroen