Forum: Ruby on Rails rake db:migrate error: uninitialized constant mysql

E4b8c35c29cfcaea3c2101193417466b?d=identicon&s=25 Gene Kahn (kublai)
on 2006-04-23 06:54
Hello,
When I run: rake db:migrate , I get the "uninitialized constant mysql"
error.

I issue the command inside the root of the application InPlaceEditing, a
recipe from Chad Fowler's Rails Recipes. The InPlaceEditing application
is inside the directory:

c:\instantrails\rails_apps\InPlaceEditing

I can run the InstantRails Cookbook tutorial, no problem, so MySql
itself is not the problem.

Help will be appreciated!
A246cc5f7f99987d6a33947485e69b15?d=identicon&s=25 nKodeR (Guest)
on 2006-12-28 14:25
Gene Kahn wrote:
> When I run: rake db:migrate , I get the "uninitialized constant mysql"
> error.

On my Kubuntu I had the same problem. Try to install libmysql-ruby -
that solved my problem with it.