Forum: Ruby on Rails Newbie .. authorize.net

3320715fa6264e6309503d5bd089fad2?d=identicon&s=25 Mufaddal Khumri (mkhumri)
on 2006-04-22 09:03
I am very new to RoR. I need to do:
1. credit card authorization only
and / or
2. charge the credit card
via the Authorize.net payment gateway via RoR?

QUESTION 1.

I came across the payment module available as a ruby gem. I am wondering
if anyone has used this gem in a real life application to do the above?

The other problem was that on this page:
http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/516/134/files...
at the very bottom they have the links to:
Class Payment::AuthorizeNet
Class Payment::Base
Class Payment::PaymentError

QUESTION 2.

Clicking them takes you back to the same page. I am wondering as to how
does one go about seeing the ruby documentation for those classes?

QUESTION 3.

The example they show on that page does not do a check on the customer's
credit card address. I am wondering if the payment module allows you to
do that?

QUESTION 4.

Is there a authorize.net (AIM) integration with RoR howto out there that
I am missing?

I would really like input on this since I am deciding if I should go
forward with doing an online webstore in RoR or not.

Thanks.
D0cd6b10e01bacb976b3b815a9c660bc?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Wayne (Guest)
on 2006-04-22 13:12
Mufaddal Khumri wrote:
> I am very new to RoR. I need to do:
> 1. credit card authorization only
> and / or
> 2. charge the credit card
> via the Authorize.net payment gateway via RoR?

For the proper docs for payment gem try: http://payment.rubyforge.org/

There is also a new option, supposedly that shopify uses: Active
Merchant http://home.leetsoft.com/am/wiki