Forum: Ruby on Rails question about Rails with non-relational databases

E838f75de38b4df8d9ee44dcb0bbe432?d=identicon&s=25 Rosemary Michelle Simpson (Guest)
I'm very uncomfortable with Rails right now because it seems to be
wedded to relational databases.  I want to develop my data and data
structures in Tinderbox - a hypertext data development system from
Eastgate systems (, export the data
and datastructures, massage to some format, and then use with a dynamic
frontend that builds a web page based on the results of a query over

I'm designing in terms of multiple POV and LOD representations of the
net, probably directed node-link graphs with the links as clickable
dynamically generated for the web. Right now I seem to be moving back
towards a
Java applet/servlet notion, but I'm not very happy with that.  For one
thing, I
need to get something up in 2-3 months - part of the the appeal of Ruby
Rails was its reputation for enabling rapid dynamic website development.

Development in Tinderbox is a non-negotiable requirement.  a relational
database just won't do it.  I'm starting from a semantic net built from
index and want to dynamically generate view-dependent semantic nets from
data, semantic nets that can be general directed graphs.

Rosemary Michelle Simpson
F0379e983ab499fac4d972494beab5c0?d=identicon&s=25 Brez! !! (brez)
on 2006-04-22 09:07
While we're on the subject I want an Active Record that represents a
graph [in the RDF sense] - I know theres some individuals working on
this rather daunting task and I've poured enough thought into it to
realize that it doesn't really add up [nor should it]. i.e. I don't
think there's going to be a good suggestion [but I should would like to
hear one]..  anybody working on an RDF Active Record pls post up a link.
F0379e983ab499fac4d972494beab5c0?d=identicon&s=25 Brez! !! (brez)
on 2006-04-22 09:27
brez!  !! wrote:
> anybody working on an RDF Active Record pls post up a link.
> Thanks.

uh spoke too soon..

looks interesting.
3f2ae5bbf68f4b4d546b23b6b4087b54?d=identicon&s=25 Bruce D'Arcus (Guest)
Rosemary Michelle Simpson <rms@...> writes:

> Suggestions?

ActiveRDF might be worth looking at (per previous message).