Forum: Ruby on Rails Ajax call not being made on a Sortable list

612a5333e356c4f765230d9ac06e5c8c?d=identicon&s=25 Pradeep Sethi (psethi2000)

I am creating a sortable list using this code:

<%= sortable_element("fields_list",
    :url => { :action => "order", :id => @fields_list })
%>

it creates a sortable and I can move elements up and down, but it is not
making any call to the "order" method.

I do not see any log activity in the development log nor do I see any
errors there. The server log only doesn's show any activity.

However for all other calls, I see messages in the log.

What am I missing here, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pradeep
C75369f25cd6b34076875bdc308c2aca?d=identicon&s=25 John Russell (jjrussell)
on 2006-04-22 05:46
Have you checked for javascript errors?

Do you have

<%= javascript_include_tag "prototype" %>

in your layout?

Pradeep Sethi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am creating a sortable list using this code:
>

> <%= sortable_element("fields_list",
>     :url => { :action => "order", :id => @fields_list })
> %>
>

> it creates a sortable and I can move elements up and down, but it is not
> making any call to the "order" method.
>
> I do not see any log activity in the development log nor do I see any
> errors there. The server log only doesn's show any activity.
>
> However for all other calls, I see messages in the log.
>
> What am I missing here, any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Pradeep
612a5333e356c4f765230d9ac06e5c8c?d=identicon&s=25 Pradeep Sethi (psethi2000)
on 2006-04-24 05:18
Yes, I do have included "prototype". I do not see any JS errors on the
page.

Again, the sortable list is created and I can move elements up/down, but
the AJAX call is not made to action "order" after I re-sort the list.

Thanks,

John Russell wrote:
> Have you checked for javascript errors?
>
> Do you have
>
> <%= javascript_include_tag "prototype" %>
>
> in your layout?
>

> Pradeep Sethi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am creating a sortable list using this code:
>>

>> <%= sortable_element("fields_list",
>>     :url => { :action => "order", :id => @fields_list })
>> %>
>>

>> it creates a sortable and I can move elements up and down, but it is not
>> making any call to the "order" method.
>>
>> I do not see any log activity in the development log nor do I see any
>> errors there. The server log only doesn's show any activity.
>>
>> However for all other calls, I see messages in the log.
>>
>> What am I missing here, any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Pradeep
F5c118aaeb5bb7162db613a37e595be8?d=identicon&s=25 Mick Sharpe (micksharpe)
on 2006-04-24 11:56
Always a good idea to check the log file for Ajax errors :)