Forum: Ruby on Rails Textmate/Rails Question

6de7ba135902e959c4c731f6afa0f40d?d=identicon&s=25 Matt Ramos (Guest)
I just picked up textmate yesterday and have been playing around with
it. I
see all the cool snippets it has, but I'm not sure how to use them
correctly. In the videos I've seen that you can type out the snippet
(only a
few characters) and then it appears. I don't know how to get that to
happen.
Do I have to download something seperate to do it?

Thanks!
-Matt
On Apr 20, 2006, at 4:31 PM, Matt Ramos wrote:

> I just picked up textmate yesterday and have been playing around
> with it. I see all the cool snippets it has, but I'm not sure how
> to use them correctly. In the videos I've seen that you can type
> out the snippet (only a few characters) and then it appears. I
> don't know how to get that to happen. Do I have to download
> something seperate to do it?

press tab.

esc auto completes within the file.

There's a good manual available under the help menu.

--
-- Tom Mornini
0b1b1c3a746a2e346d8cae668b109b6e?d=identicon&s=25 Chris McGrath (Guest)
On 21 Apr 2006, at 01:59, Tom Mornini wrote:

> esc auto completes within the file.
>
> There's a good manual available under the help menu.

Check out http://keyref.octopod.info too.

Chris