Checking date

Radrails created a field for date

  <%= product.date_available.strftime("%y-%m-%d") %>

What does this mean?
Should the definition be date or datetime? I tried both and no results
Jim

SIX-S wrote:

Radrails created a field for date
<%= product.date_available.strftime(“%y-%m-%d”) %>
What does this mean?
That will convert the date “date_available” into a string with the
format
yy-mm-dd as described here:
Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmer's Guide

Should the definition be date or datetime? I tried both and no results

Not quite sure what you’re asking here.

Mark

Thanks for answering my question.
I dont know where the name " “strftime” originates
I described the date_available field in the table products(from tutorial
“depot”) as type datetime. I changed the table type of date_available as
“date” when I had the error when running the program “list .rhtml” in my
browser Firefox.
JIm