Forum: Ruby on Rails error on stpexec : ROR on Linux with SQLServer Connection

Af656cca6a3806277fe19a0c606ddab7?d=identicon&s=25 Zac Elston (zaq)
on 2006-04-20 22:26
So I got my rails app to connect to the SQLServer via ODBC, and I can
model/scaffold, yada yada..

but when I need to exec a stored proc using sql_server.rb I get

undefined local variable or method `connection'

how can that be, if I can connect for everthing else?

thanks
39b36b2be47228f8619d61ea7a607a25?d=identicon&s=25 Matthew Beale (Guest)
on 2006-04-20 22:30
zac elston wrote:
> So I got my rails app to connect to the SQLServer via ODBC, and I can
> model/scaffold, yada yada..
>
> but when I need to exec a stored proc using sql_server.rb I get
>
> undefined local variable or method `connection'

Hi Zac,

I've been using MSSQL a whole bunch recently, you're probably running
into a problem with rake...the instructions on the wiki are dreadfully
wrong.  Can you give me some more information about what the error is
and how your causing it? a Terminal log might be nice....

--
Matthew Beale :: mixonic@synitech.com
Resume & Portfolio @ http://madhatted.com